Friday, August 7, 2009

I Am Now THAT Mom!


Yesterday I read on another blog site that a recent J.C. Penney's mailer had a $10 off and $10 purchase coupon inside it. Thinking this would be a great deal to get some fall clothes (or presents) for the girls, Riley and I headed up to the post office last night. We have a couple trashcans for people to throw things away in, and I wanted to see just how many of the coupons I could find. As I started filing through the first one, Riley's eyes opened widely and she said in a horrified voice, "What are you doing?" I probably would have had the same reaction to my mom if she were doing this when I was little, so I started laughing, saying "Saving us some money." Thinking if she were embarrassed of this (we were alone), oh, she may have a lot coming. Poor Riley just stood there, not knowing what to do. How many times have I told her, get out of the trashcan. Once it goes in, it doesn't come out.

The cost of this money-saving lesson for Riley, $40. I found 4 of the coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment