Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Monday's Shopping Trip


Probably my best day ever. We went to the CVS #1 first and bought our things, then met Becca at CVS #2 to help her. She's wanting to get in on these bargains, too. After work, and without the girls, we went to Walgreens and Target. I usually don't do all three stores in one day, but without the girls, I get it in, since it's so much easier. Total that we spent on Monday, $9.66. Total that we saved, $123.77. I told Andy it almost feels like stealing when our $25.00 Target purchases went down to $4.00 after coupons. Missing from the picture is a package of donuts for Riley's breakfast and a box of cereal that Dad wanted to try.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go... Riley is so cute in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's amazing. If you don't mind my asking, where do you get your coupons from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,

    The two blogs that I really follow for my grocery savings are the Money Saving Mom and the Hip2Save one. Their addresses are on the right of the page in the blogs I follow. Usually every weekend they post the deals of CVS, Walgreens, and Target. In the posting they are very detailed. For example.

    Solo Bare plates and cups - $1.50
    Use the $1.00 coupon from here (she posts the link)
    final price - .50

    They do this for all the good deals. I get two papers every Sunday and subscribe to the All You magazine that you can get from Walmart, but they usually run a good 1 yr or 2 yr subscription sale on Amazon. A lot of coupons are the printables they list on the deal breakdown page.

    I don't know if you have CVS. From what I read they are called Longs, but will be switching over to CVS soon. On the Hip2Save website, read the CVS posts on the side and it will give you all the answers you need about it.

    There is also a Hip2Serve website that is by her sister for people who are in the military. I haven't looked at it, but I know it lists commisary deals and other stuff.

    I hope this helps. If you send me your email address or phone number (you don't have to post it, Sheryl has be email if you want to give it through that way) and we can talk more.

    Would love to see some pictures of Emma. Sheryl said she has strawberry blonde hair. Another redhead in the family now?

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I can't believe all the amazing deals there are. I went a little printing crazy and ran out of ink but I got alot of coupons!
    My email is Stephoo676@hotmail.com.
    I have an online photo album with pictures of the kids so I'll email you the link.

    ReplyDelete